FitGAG readers, what’s up! We are going to do an intense hip and glute workout together today.
This home workout takes just five minutes and increases strength and size in your hips and glutes.
To get a complete hip & glute workout at home, you can do this home exercise routine as a hard finisher or multiple sets.
Total Length: 5 Minutes
Equipment: No equipment required
Perform this exercise three times. After each workout, take a break for three minutes and then return to the beginning.
Perform this workout four times. After each workout, take 2 minutes to rest and then return to the routine.
Perform this workout four times. After each workout, take a minute to rest and then return to the routine.
5-Minutes Hip & Glute Workout At Home
Perform the following hip and glute exercises for 60 seconds in this 5-minute hip-and-glute workout. Next, move on to the next exercise. If you feel the need to take a rest, do so!
Try to increase the number of reps or take fewer breaks each time you complete this circuit.
#1 Dokey Hydrants
- Start on your fours, with your hands under your shoulders.
- Hold your abs straight and raise one leg as high as possible.
- Grab your glutes and slowly return to the original position.
- Keep your leg bent and lift your leg straight up to the side. Stop at your hip height.
- Return to the beginning position
- Continue to alternate between the two motions, and then switch legs after thirty seconds.
#2 Hip Drives
- Lie on your back, your feet behind your head, and your arms at your sides.
- Engage your glutes and lift up to a standing position.
- Press your glutes at the top and return to the original position.
#3 Hip Bridges
- Lay on your back, with your arms at your sides and your palms facing downward.
- To brace your core, pull your belly button towards your spine. Your lower back should be flat to the ground.
- Engage your glutes and raise your hips as high as possible.
- Press your glutes at the top, then slowly return to the original position.
#4 1-Legged Hip Thrust
- Lay on your back, with your knees bent and your feet on the ground.
- Stand straight and extend your legs as far as possible.
- Slowly lower your body down and then repeat. After thirty seconds, switch legs!
#5 Lunge Kickbacks
- Stand in a stable position.
- Take a step backward, keeping one foot on the ground. Make sure your front knee is above your front ankle for proper form.
- Lift your hips up, squeeze your glutes, and kick back with your trail foot.
- Continue and switch legs after 30 seconds.