FitGAG readers, what’s up! We will be doing an intense lower abs workout from our home. Let’s first cover anatomy. The rectus abdominals are the scientific name for the muscle responsible for our six-pack.
The rectus abdominis muscle is only one. However, some exercises can be more effective in contracting specific abs areas, separating them into lower, middle, and upper sections.
This intense home workout for abs will target the lower portion of your abs. It takes just five minutes. You can do this routine as a complete lower ab workout or multiple sets.
Total Length: 5 Minutes
Equipment: No equipment required
Perform this exercise three times. After each workout, take a break for three minutes and then return to the beginning.
Perform this workout four times. After each workout, take 2 minutes to rest and then return to the routine.
Perform this workout four times. After each workout, take a minute to rest and then return to the routine.
5-Minutes Lower Ab Workout At Home
Each of the following exercises should be completed in 60 seconds. Then, transition to the next exercise with no rest. Take a break if you feel the need.
Try to increase the number of reps or take fewer breaks each time you complete this circuit.
#1 Reverse Crunches
- Lie down on the ground, your legs out in front of you.
- For support, place your hands on the ground and lean back at approximately 45 degrees with your back straight.
- Bring your belly button towards your spine, and lift your legs off the ground.
- Bend your knees to contract your lower abs, then bring your legs toward your chest.
- Push your abs into a tight squeeze and slowly return to the original position.
#2 Hip Overs
- Lay on your back, with your hands at your sides. Bend your knees and place your elbows forward.
- Engage your abdominal muscles to lift your hips off the ground, bringing your knees towards your head.
- When your hips are lifted off the ground, lower your hips and then repeat the process.
#3 Hip Thrusts
- Lay on your back, with your hands on your sides.
- Lift your legs straight in the air.
- Engage your lower abs and bring your hips up off the ground. Then, lift your lower body straight up.
- Return to the original position, keeping your hips above the ground and your legs straight up.
#4 Leg Raises
- Place your hands on your stomach and supinate your lower back.
- Spread your legs in front of yourself.
- Keep your legs straight together and lift your legs until your hips are slightly above the ground.
- Slowly return back to the starting position, and then repeat!
#5 Flutter Kicks
- Lay on your back, with your arms at your sides.
- Lift your feet six inches above the ground.
- Keep your legs straight and kick your feet forward about six inches above the floor.
- Continue to alternate your feet and keep your abs engaged throughout.