Besides being a mineral, zinc (zinc) is a component of two important enzymes. It is primarily involved in the processing of protein. Secondly, it is responsible for the anaerobic metabolism of glycogen in our blood and supplies energy to our cells.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND POSITIVE EFFECTS
But there are many more benefits to zinc. Zinc provides the function of the germ glands as well as the production of testosterone. Beyond these, zinc also has the effect of preventing tears during pregnancy. “Pregnancy” may seem strange to you in this context. Still, when you examine professional bodybuilders in more detail, you can see elongation tears, especially in the shoulder-chest transitions and biceps. If you suffer from these tears in your skin, zinc will not (unfortunately) remove these tears, as the effect of zinc is not healing but ‘preventive’ here. In addition, zinc strengthens the defense against disease carriers (infections) and shortens the wound healing process.
WHAT DOES ZINC DEFICIENCY CAUSE?
– Hair Loss, Thin and Broken Hair, Premature Bleaching
– Dry and Flaky Skin, Redness, Tears, Severe Healing of Wounds, Inflammation of Oral Glands and Tongue
– Broken Nail, White Spots
– Changes in Smell, Taste, Hearing, Sight
– Growth Failure in Genital Organs
– Decreased Sexual Desire
– Irregular Menstruation (Not related to you, but still good to know)
– Fertilization Problems, Pain
– Depression, Fear, Changing Mood
-Lack of appetite
-Sensitization to Diseases
Since our body cannot synthesize zinc, it depends on its intake from the outside.
NATURAL ZINC SOURCES:
– Rolled oats
It should also be noted that the body cannot effectively use zinc taken from herbal sources. It prevents high fat intake! The same is true for calcium.
HOW DOES ZINC DEFICIENCY OCCUR?
– Insufficient use of nutrients
– Radical diets
– Increased need for zinc (pregnancy, illness, heavy sports activities)
– Tissue “repair”
– Irregular evaluation of zinc intake (intestinal diseases, vegetarian foods, alcohol – even a small amount of alcohol increases zinc secretion and the need.)
– Cigarette (the cadmium in cigarette smoke prevents the zinc from passing through the liver)
Zinc is very safe if you do not miss its dosage. In long-term use, more than 50 mg per day can cause the cholesterol values to deteriorate, and the immunity against diseases decreases. Even more (150 mg per day) can cause diarrhea and vomiting. In addition, because zinc plays an important role in cell division, excessive dosages can lead to tumors.
Zinc; interferes with the absorption of iron, copper, and calcium but promotes the intake of Vitamin A.
IF YOU WANT TO USE…
1.) Zinc bound to amino acids (zinc monomethionine and zinc hydrogen aspartate)
3.) Zinc gluconate and zinc citrate
The daily zinc requirement of a normal person is between 10-20 mg and can be provided by normal food routes. In athletes, this need reaches 30-40 mg. Do not be surprised if some bodybuilders exaggeratedly use 100+ mg, because as you can imagine, this is something about steroid use …
If you want to take other supplements besides zinc, I recommend Magnesium, B- and C-Vitamin. Also, it is useful to pay attention to your zinc being “pure.” Some zinc pills and capsules contain 5 grams of zinc and many different vitamins. If you try to meet your daily needs, you need to buy 10, but there is a possibility that your vitamin needs may exceed 600%. Vitamin B may not be a problem because the body is removing excess, but the same is not true for other vitamins.