We’re calling all FitGAG readers! Today we will tackle a tough shoulder exercise using only dumbbells!
This five-minute at-home dumbbell-only exercise builds up serious size and strength within your deltoids.
This workout can be done as a grueling finisher, or you can do multiple sets to complete a full shoulder exercise!
Total Length: 5 Minutes
Perform this workout three times. Recover after each workout for 3 minutes, and do it again.
Complete this exercise four times. Recover after each workout for two minutes, and then repeat.
Complete this exercise four times. After each workout, rest for one minute, and then repeat.
Do each exercise for 60 seconds, then switch to the next one without taking a break. Pause when you’re needed, and then go back to it. Every time you complete this exercise, try to do greater reps, more weight, and/or fewer breaks!
#1 Rear Delt Fly
- Assume a standing position, with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hinge at the waist until your back is in line with the floor.
- With your arms bent slightly while contracting your deltoids in your rear, lift the weight up and over your shoulders. Bring your shoulder blades together to finish the exercise.
- Slowly bring your arms back to their starting position.
- Keep tightness in your core, and repeat!
#2 Side Lateral Raise
- Assume a comfortable posture standing while keeping your body straight.
- Grab the dumbbells in your palms facing towards the inside.
- Contract your lateral deltoids, allowing you to lift your arms to the side until the dumbbells have reached shoulder height.
- Slowly bring the weights towards your side. Repeat!
#3 Front Raise
- Assume a relaxed stance while standing up and straightening your spine.
- Grab the dumbbells with your palms directed toward you.
- Contract your front deltoids to lift the dumbbells ahead of you and stop just above the level of your forehead.
- Slowly bring the weights back to the starting point and repeat!
#4 Upright Row
- Assume a comfortable posture standing up and keep your spine straight.
- Grab the dumbbells with your palms facing toward you.
- Keeping your elbow up, bring the dumbbells to your chest, allowing your elbows to be slack.
- Stop at the top, then slowly back to your starting point.
#5 Arnold Press
- Take a comfortable posture standing up.
- Hold the dumbbells by bending your elbows and palms facing the inside like you were on the high point of your curl.
- Make your arms move up while twisting your hands until your palms face outwards.
- Press your delts towards the top of the rep and slowly return to your starting position.