FitGAG readers, what’s up! Although many people depend on expensive equipment for their lower bodies, they can still exercise and improve their fitness at home with only body weight.
We will be doing a 5-minute leg workout for bodyweight. Let’s get to work and tone those legs!
Total Length: 5 Minutes
Equipment: No equipment required
Perform this exercise three times. After each workout, take a break for three minutes and then return to the beginning.
Perform this workout four times. After each workout, take 2 minutes to rest and then return to the routine.
Perform this workout four times. After each workout, take a minute to rest and then return to the routine.
5-Minutes Leg Workout At Home
Find a spot in an open area that is comfortable to start. Each of the following leg exercises should be performed for 60 seconds. Then, you can move on to the next one without stopping. Take a break if you feel the need.
Try to increase the number of reps or take fewer breaks each time you complete this circuit.
#1 Bulgarian Split Squat
- Start by placing your trail foot on the raised surface behind you.
- Take a step forward with your lead foot, so your trail leg is bent slightly.
- Lean forward while keeping your back straight.
- Engage the core and squat down into your front leg.
- Take a breath at the bottom of each rep, and then drive up with your lead leg.
- Maintain core tightness and continue!
#2 Plie Squat Pulses
- Stand with your feet wider than your shoulders and your toes pointed outwards.
- For stability, place your hands in the middle of your body.
- Stand straight with your back straight and squat until your hips are below your knees.
- Pause, then raise your hips slightly higher than your knees.
- Continue this motion, pulsing back up and then down for the desired number of reps.
#3 Switch Lunges
- Assume an upright standing position.
- Lift one leg forward and place your front knee on your front ankle.
- Jump up, switch your leg that is forward and land into the lunge. If you cannot jump in the air, you can step out and concentrate on your form.
#4 Straight-Legged Hip Raise
- Lie on your back with your legs straight on a couch or chair.
- To lift your hips off the ground, squeeze your glutes or hamstrings.
- Slowly lower your hips to the ground. Repeat!
#5 Stiff Calf Jumps
- Stand straight up with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointed forward.
- Keep your knees locked and push your calves upwards to leap off the ground.
- Continue and go as fast as possible!