5-Min Resistance Band Leg Workout for Strong Legs
FitGAG readers, what’s up? We will be doing a 5-minute resistance band leg exercise today.
This 5-minute workout can be done as a single round or multiple rounds for a complete leg workout. Let’s make them all again together!
Total Length: 5 Minutes
Equipment: Resistance Band
Perform this exercise three times. After each workout, take a break for three minutes and then return to the beginning.
Perform this workout four times. After each workout, take 2 minutes to rest and then return to the routine.
Perform this workout four times. After each workout, take a minute to rest and then return to the routine.
5-Minutes Resistance Band Leg Workout
Find a place in an open area that is comfortable to start. Each of the exercises below should be completed in 60 seconds. Then, you can move on to the next one without stopping. Take a break if you feel the need.
Try to increase your reps, increase resistance, and/or take fewer rests each time you perform this circuit.
#1 Resistance Band Alternating Lunges
Place the resistance band around the pole of a stable pole at about the height of your chest.
Hold both handles in your hands, palms down, and move forward to resist.
Lift one leg forward and place your front knee on your front ankle.
Return to your starting position and repeat the motion the other way. For maximum results, keep your back straight and your core engaged.
#2 Resistance Band Pull Throughs
- Place the resistance band around your pole at about knee height.
- Place your hands on the handles, your palms facing you.
- Stand in a straight line and cross the resistance band.
- Keep your legs slightly bent and hinge at the hips. Relax and release tension.
- Pull the band through your legs using your glutes. Then, return to the original position.
- Press your glutes at the top, and then repeat!
#3 Resistance Band Stiff Leg Deadlift
- Attach the resistance bands to an elevated hook or another stable object.
- Place your palms down on the handles and straighten your arms.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Engage your core and bring your shoulder blades together. Keep your chest high.
- Slowly bend your knees at the waist and slowly lower your hips. Then, lift your handles until you feel a tight stretch in your hamstrings. Keep your spine straight and your core tight.
- As you return to standing, contract your hamstrings and squeeze your glutes.
- Keep your core tight, keep it there, then repeat the process!
#4 Resistance Band 1-Leg Calf Raise
- You can keep the resistance band elevated by taking a step back to generate more tension.
- Lift your one leg slightly off the ground, and then contract your calf to lift it upwards.
- Press your calf at the top, and then try to balance on one foot.
- Change to the opposite leg at half-time and then repeat!
#5 Resistance Band Overhead Squat
- Stand on the resistance band, with your feet approximately shoulder-width apart and your toes slightly outward.
- Hold the handles in your hands and lift them up above your head. Make sure that your palms face are away from you.
- Do the following Lie down, so your hips touch your knees.
- To fire upwards, contract your glutes and legs.
- Recover in the squat position, and then repeat!