What’s up FitGAG readers? We will be doing an intense upper body workout from home today.
This home workout will help you build strength and size in your upper body.
To get a complete upper body workout, you can do this routine as a hard finisher or multiple sets.
Total Length: 10 Minutes
Equipment: No Equipment required
Perform this exercise three times. After each workout, take a three-minute rest and then return to the routine.
Perform this workout four times. After each workout, take two minutes to rest and then return to work.
Perform this workout four times. After each workout, take a minute to rest and then return to the routine.
Each of the exercises below should be completed in 45 seconds. After a 15-second break, you can transition to the next exercise. You can take a longer rest if you need it.
Try to increase the number of reps or take fewer breaks each time you complete this circuit.
10-Minutes Upper Body Workout
#1 Close Wide Push Up
- Stand in a pushup position, with your hands under your shoulders.
- Place your back flat on the ground and brace your core.
- Slowly lower the chest towards the floor.
- Next, contract your chest and push up to the starting position.
- Next, extend your arms beyond shoulder width and perform the pushup motion.
- Continue to alternate between close and wider pushups
#2 Reverse Snow Angels
- Place your hands on your stomach, your palms facing downward.
- Lift your shoulders high and extend your arms straight up.
- Next, raise your shoulders and bring your arms back down to the starting position.
- Continue to squeeze your lats and do the same thing again!
#3 Push Up Plank
- Lie on your back on a plank with your feet flat on the ground. Your elbows should be at a 90-degree angle to your upper arms.
- Engage your core and ensure your back is straight.
- Press your shoulders together and lower down until you almost touch the ground.
- Contract your rear deltoid to return to the starting point.
- Keep your delts tight and continue to do so!
#4 Lying Biceps Leg Curls
- Lay on your back, with your feet together. Your knees should be bent at an elevated angle.
- Grab your legs with resistance and extend your arms out straight. Next, squeeze your biceps to pull your knees towards the ceiling.
- Slowly return back to the starting position, and then repeat!
#5 Side To Side Push Up
- Stand in a pushup position, with your hands slightly wider than your shoulders.
- Slowly lower your body towards one side, and let your other arm straighten.
- Next, press upwards to repeat the motion on the opposite side.
- Keep switching sides!
#6 Bodyweight Skull Crushers
- Start in a plank with your elbows slightly forward and your back straight.
- Engage your core and pull your shoulder blades back. Your head should be directly in front of your hands.
- Reach for your triceps and push your body slightly back.
- Tighten your triceps at the top of each rep, and then slowly return to the original position.
#7 Pulse Rows
- Place your hands on your stomach and face up.
- Pull your shoulder blades back and squeeze your lats to raise your shoulders off the ground.
- Keep this position for at least 1-2 seconds, then return to your starting position.
#8 Wrist Curls
- Take a comfortable standing position.
- Place your arms at your sides, with your palms facing one another.
- Make fists with your hands.
- Bend your wrists inwards and contract your forearms.
- Press your forearms towards the top and return to the original position.
- Keep your hands tightly clenched in fists, and then repeat the process!
#9 Downward Dog Push Up
- With your fingers facing one another, place your hands on the ground and extend your elbows.
- Lift your buttocks up and place your feet behind your head.
- Slowly lower the height of your head towards your hands.
- Push your deltoids upwards by pressing down on the floor.
- Hold your abs tight, and then repeat the process!
#10 Superman Hold
- Place your hands on the ground and place your arms behind your back.
- Lift your legs and hands off the ground as high as possible.
- Keep this position for as long and return to your starting position.