What’s up, FitGAG readers! Today, we will do a grueling five-minute triceps exercise using just the barbell.
It is possible to do this exercise for a single time as a tricep finisher or do it several times to complete a full barbell triceps exercise!
Total Length: 5 Minutes
Do this exercise three times. After each workout, rest for three minutes and then do it again.
Perform this exercise four times. After each workout, rest for 2 minutes and repeat.
Perform this workout four times. Recover after each workout for one minute, and then repeat.
5-Minutes Barbell Triceps Workout
To begin, choose a comfortable place in a spacious area. Complete each of the exercises for sixty seconds. Then switch to the next one without stopping.
If you need to take an interruption, then take it! Every time you complete this exercise, you should complete more reps, increase weight, or take fewer breaks.
#1 Overhead Extension
- Stand up with your feet approximately shoulders apart.
- Take the barbell and place it on the floor with your hands shoulder-width apart and your palms facing you.
- lift the barbell over your head. Engage your core and back.
- With your elbows snug and your arms near your head, and your arms close to your head, gradually reduce the weight until your forearms and elbows create an angle of 90 degrees. Make sure your upper arms remain still and let your forearms be free to move.
- Then, utilize your triceps muscles to push the barbell slowly until it reaches the beginning position. Repeat!
#2 1-Arm Landmine Extension
- Lock the barbell into an attachment for a landmine or corner, but you could also secure the barbell’s end on the barbell by placing it to the left of yours.
- Hold the top of the barbell using your right hand. Your palm should face you, and your thumb should face downwards.
- Bend your elbow so the barbell can fall towards your chest.
- Then, tighten your triceps and push the barbell back to its starting position.
- Press your triceps with force and repeat. Make sure you change arms after 30 seconds!
#3 1-Arm Landmine Kickback
- Maintain the barbell to the ground. Then, stand just in the front of the barbell to ensure that it is in the direction of your body.
- Hold your belt until the back of your body is in line with the floor.
- Take the barbell’s top with your left hand. Your palm should face towards the back with your arms bent and your elbow held up.
- Contract your tricep muscles to straighten your arm and return the barbell.
- Press your triceps with your hands and then return to the starting position.
- Repeat this sequence for 30 seconds, then switch arms!
#4 Skull Crushers
- Place your body on the ground or on a flat bench, with your feet planted solidly to the earth.
- Hold the barbell over your chest with an overhand grip. Place your hands about spaced shoulder-width apart. Work your abdominal muscles.
- While your elbows are in a fixed posture, then hinge your elbows so that you slowly lower the barbell to the level of your forehead.
- Engage your triceps muscles to extend your arms to an upright position on top. Repeat!
#5 Close Grip Bench Press
- Lay down on the ground or on a flat bench, with your feet planted firmly on the floor.
- Grab the barbell using an overhand grip, and hands are slightly narrower than the width of your shoulders. Start with the barbell on the lower part of your chest.
- Engage your triceps muscles to pull the barbell higher over your chest.
- Squeeze your triceps muscles hard at the top, then slowly return to your starting posture. Repeat!